We are now open and welcoming new members and current members back into the facilities. We are officially open to MEMBERS ONLY (no guest passes, day passes, or nationwide members at this time).
Our revised hours for cleaning and sanitizing are as follows:
Monday – Friday 5:30am – 8:00pm (Closed 1:30 – 3:00pm for sanitizing)
Saturday 8:30am – 12:00 noon
Members will be asked to sign a waiver and a code of conduct upon their first visit back. In order to follow recommended guidelines and prevent the spread of the virus, we ask all members to adhere to the following code of conduct:
“I will behave in a responsible way that respects the rights, safety, and dignity of all YMCA members. As such, I agree to:
– Not visit or participate at the YMCA if I have a fever or symptoms of illness.
– Allow for staff to take temperature at check-in (if above 100.4 degrees, access will be denied).
– Use a face covering and cover my face and nose as appropriate (strongly recommended but not required).
– Limit the time of my visit to allow fellow members to enjoy the facility.
– Speak in a respectful tone while discussing social distancing or other concerns.
– Create a safe and caring environment by abiding by social and physical distancing requirements.
– Acknowledge members’ needs for personal space.
– Clean all equipment both before and after using.
– Follow hand washing and hand sanitizing protocol while at the YMCA.”
During this first phase participants will be required to bring their own exercise equipment (such as yoga mats) and water (our water fountains will not be available).
Upon entry, every member will be given a towel. Members are asked to wipe down any surfaces they come in contact with using the towel and spray sanitizer which will be found around the facility.
No unsupervised children will be permitted in our facilities at this time.
ENTRY and EXIT PROTOCOLS:
Before entering the facility, markers will be placed 6 feet apart, with signage that states: All visitors must wear a mask upon entering, and must maintain social distancing while in the facility and using equipment.
Members will be checked in upon entering the facility and temperature taken by staff. Membership will have a protective shield for social distancing purposes.
Please be aware that these new protocols will mean a slower check-in time than usual so please be patient and plan accordingly when attending classes.
The following changes will be in effect for the following facilities:
Cardio and strength training will be accessible with social distancing between machines, proper cleaning techniques before and after each use.
Fitness center capacity will be limited.
Lap swimming and water walking only – limited to one person per lane. We will encourage members to come dressed in their swim attire to limit the time spent in the locker room space.
Group Exercise Classes:
Mats will not be provided due to their porous content; members may bring their own mats or towels. All other equipment will need to be cleaned with the cloth given to each member before and after using. Class sizes will be limited.
Gyms will be open for programs and individual use (bring your own ball, limit to one person per basket).
During this first phase, locker rooms will be limited to members changing clothes and using the rest rooms. The use of the sauna will not be available.
Courts will be open and will be limited to singles matches only. All equipment (rackets, racquetballs) must be provided by the players.