21 N 2nd St., Clearfield PA 16830
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM.
Must have a friendly and positive attitude.
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model; completes related reports as required.
3. Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
5. Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
6. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code.
7. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
8. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
9. Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
PA State Police Clearance
CPR/First Aid Certification
PA Child Abuse History
FBI Fingerprint Clearance
Mandated Reporter Training
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
21 N. 2nd Street
Clearfield, PA 16830