Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Clearfield YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. Our staff members of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving our region’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
Director of Aquatics and Older Adult Programming
This position is primarily responsible for all aquatic and older adult programs. Additional responsibilities include: Lifeguarding, teaching older adult exercise classes (Silver Sneakers) teaching group swim lessons, training staff, and following and enforcing all aquatics polices to ensure member and employee safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- At least 21 years of age, with Red Cross Lifeguard certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Must be aware of YMCA movement and trends in the aquatic and older adult program areas. Must continue to enhance his/her knowledge in YMCA Management and certifications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES:
- Be available to teach and/or lifeguard as needed.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
- Assist with marketing and expansion of programs.
- Responsible for supervising all lifeguard and older adult instructors.
- Be available to answer questions from members, program participants and staff.
- Share responsibility for the care and maintenance of facility and related program equipment. Assist in ordering supplies as necessary.
- Maintain concise records essential for control, evaluation and reporting to committees, Board and government agencies.
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Supports the Mission, Vision and Direction of the YMCA: Displays the YMCA values of Caring, Respect, Responsibility and Honesty as well as displays flexibility and the ability to accept change. Is willing to try new methods and make/take suggestions. Shows a strong commitment to the YMCA, conveys enthusiasm for the YMCA and for his/her work. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
Collaboration/Community: Understands and embraces the role of volunteers; helps members and participants make connections to others and to the YMCA; practices effective relationship building techniques; supports the role of fundraising in achieving the YMCA mission. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Takes initiative to assist in developing others. Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people. Consistently greets and assists everyone in a positive way; strives to provide service that will exceed expectations; responds to concerns and complaints in a way that makes each person feel valued; initiates action for prompt resolution; looks for better ways to serve and involve members, participants, internal customers and others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings, required trainings and other work related activities, demonstrates responsible actions, consistently performs duties in a safe manner, follows standards, policies and procedures, is reliable and consistently punctual, and uses Y resources appropriately and efficiently. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
How to Apply
Apply by Email:
Apply by Mail to:
Attn. Donald Herres
21 North 2nd Street
Clearfield, PA 16830
Resumes Accepted Until
February 14, 2020
The Clearfield YMCA is seeking a kid friendly, energetic, positive lifeguard.
21 N 2nd St., Clearfield PA 16830
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM.
Must have a friendly and positive attitude.
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model; completes related reports as required.
3. Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
5. Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
6. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code.
7. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
8. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
9. Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
PA State Police Clearance
CPR/First Aid Certification
PA Child Abuse History
FBI Fingerprint Clearance
Mandated Reporter Training
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
21 N. 2nd Street
Clearfield, PA 16830