Climbing Wall Belay Position
21 N 2nd St., Clearfield PA 16830
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Instruct youth classes in rock climbing and provide participants with pertinent information and efficient service.
- Demonstrate skills and clearly explain them to class members.
- Must be able to work at the learning level of particular class.
- Report to class prepared with materials and equipment, dressed in approved attire.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and the location of emergency equipment.
- Maintain class attendance records.
- Log equipment checks.
- Maintain all personal certifications, attending workshops and re-certification training as needed or required.
- Set up and take down class equipment. Report equipment problems and return all teaching equipment to proper storage.
- Observe and discuss individual progress with participants.
- Respond to and report all accidents and incidents.
- Ability to individually lead a class, respond to safety and emergency situations, motivate and educate members, set up, move, and store class equipment.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and display an engaging personality enabling him/her to relate well to participants.
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships with children, parents and other adults as required for program area.
- A minimum of one year of rock climbing/belay experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working with elementary aged children is preferred.
PA State Police Clearance
CPR/First Aid Certification
PA Child Abuse History
FBI Fingerprint Clearance
Mandated Reporter Training
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
21 N. 2nd Street
Clearfield, PA 16830