Afterschool Counselor Positions
21 N 2nd St., Clearfield PA 16830
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises a group of children and program activities.
2. Follows all policies, procedures, and standards as established by the law or the Y (e.g., safety or emergency procedures, behavior guidance strategies, child abuse prevention policies); makes ADA accommodations where appropriate; maintains the program site, equipment, and required program records.
3. Nurtures children through purposeful programming; plans activities that are intended to achieve program goals and outcomes, are culturally relevant, are developmentally appropriate, and are consistent with the Y’s values.
4. Creates a positive rapport and shared interest with all youth; models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
5. Provides opportunities for youth to lead, problem-solve, and make decisions and choices within the program and provides daily opportunities for youth to reflect on and respond to their experiences.
6. Provides and welcomes ongoing dialogue with parents and caregivers about their child’s needs and progress; connects families to the Y.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have prior experience with supervising children.
Must have a friendly and positive attitude.
Must be reliable and punctual.
PA State Police Clearance
CPR/First Aid Certification
PA Child Abuse History
FBI Fingerprint Clearance
Mandated Reporter Training
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
21 N. 2nd Street
Clearfield, PA 16830