CELEBRATING OVER A CENTURY OF SERVICE
The Clearfield YMCA has always been a sanctuary, a place where we learned life’s most important lessons…….Christian values, social skills and physical sports.
Why, you may have learned to swim at the YMCA or dribbled your first basketball at the Y’s Biddy Basketball Leagues. And surely, you remember the Tri-Hi-Y Saturday night dances….what excitement they were!
Founded in 1902 the YMCA was first located downtown on the Massop Building’s second floor. Today, the Ritz Theatre is in that building.
In 1904, the YMCA purchased the residence of John F. Weaver, its current downtown site. In 1921 the swimming pool was added and the gymnasium was remodeled. A fire destroyed the front half of the YMCA in 1959, and the third floor racquetball courts were added in the 1980’s. For more than 100 years, the Clearfield Y has been a focal point of our community’s vitality. Today, it’s popularity is extremely high!
WHY GIVE TO THE Y?
At the Clearfield YMCA, we welcome all guests, regardless of age, race, religion or ability to pay. We have an extraordinary opportunity to ensure a brighter future for our community – but we must take action today, and only your support will make it possible.
Your gift will help young people achieve their potential, empower people of all ages to lead healthier lifestyles and strengthen the bonds of community. We recognize that for these neighborhoods to thrive, everyone must be given the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Membership fees allow us to maintain and enhance the facilities, utilities, technology and quality staff at the Y. Additional donations are what enable us to develop and expand need-based scholarships, community outreach and critical funding to members and community members alike. Please consider joining our life-changing efforts by making a gift today! Every gift makes a difference. Everyone has a role to play. Together, we can achieve so much more. Give today.
Lasting personal and social change can only happen when we work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. There are many ways to give to the Y
By becoming a Y volunteer, you will become part of the Y’s dedicated effort to strengthen communities through youth development, and healthy living and social responsibility. Volunteers make a difference in the community. Join us. Make a difference.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees.
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community.
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our class.
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to productive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals.
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
- Volunteer at special events.
Please for the safety of the children and families of the YMCA, we run background checks on any potential volunteers.
THE HERITAGE CLUB
So much of what you do becomes part of the lives you touch. The example you set. The traits they see in you and seek to reflect. But what if it were possible to have the good you do live on forever.
A commitment to the Heritage Club membership is the greatest statement of support to the mission of the Clearfield YMCA that a friend of the Y can make and becomes the catalyst for more good than could ever be done on your own.
Since 1902, the Clearfield YMCA has devoted itself to serving kids, families and communities. But our most important focus has been the lives of young people.
Care for the child and you’ll form a family. Form a family and you’ll create a community. The healthiest and happiest of these uphold an ethic of “giving back”. Individuals and organizations striving together according to their gifts and talents toward the betterment of all.
With your help, we can create a promising today and a brighter tomorrow for kids, families and communities. That is the purpose, the mission of the Clearfield YMCA Heritage Club: so the good you do lives on forever.
While part of a greater 150-year old family of YMCA’s, the Clearfield YMCA is independent and makes its own decisions based on local community needs. This means your gift will benefit your community directly. Your neighborhoods, your neighbors. Families you know will receive the rewards for your choice today and for years to come.
The Heritage Club is composed of individuals from all backgrounds, communities and walks of like who have made an outright or planned gift to the Clearfield YMCA endowment fund in one of the following ways:
- An outright gift of cash – In this way, each member not only benefits from the good that will be done but current income tax savings.
- An outright gift of appreciated assets – If you chose to contribute such items as stock or property owned for longer than one year, you would receive a cartable deduction equal to the current value of the assets while avoiding capital gains taxes.
- A life insurance gift – Naming the Clearfield YMCA as a primary or even secondary beneficiary of your insurance policy paves the way for a large future gift. Should you wish to contribute a like insurance policy that is no longer needed to protect current beneficiaries, you could realize substantial income tax deductions.
- A gift through your will – You may wish to consider including the YMCA is your will or living trust. In this way, a fixed amount, specific asset or percentage of your estate may be set aside as bequests and qualify for estate deductions.
- A gift made through a charitable trust or annuity – creating a charitable trust or annuity provides life income for yourself and/or others. With all or a portion of your gift eventually directed to the YMCA, you could receive a charitable deduction.
Consult your own legal and/or financial advisors, then ask a YMCA representative to assist you in selecting a gift opportunity that best expresses your generosity.
For more information, please call (814)765-5521